Cloud Extended Edition (EX):
(formerly known as Single Tenant Edition)
SAP S/4HANA Single tenant Edition (STE) is one of the cloud offerings from SAP and another flavour of S/4HANA solutions among SAP S/4HANA Cloud, SAP S/4HANA in HANA Enterprise Cloud (HEC) and SAP S/4HANA On-Premise.
As the name of this offering suggests, the application is provisioned to a single-customer in a dedicated landscape , offering the full scope of S/4HANA. However the total cost of Ownership (TCO), the speed of innovation and time-to-value cannot be achieved as much as in SAP S/4HANA Cloud which is why customers considering Cloud ERP must first discover and verify the capabilities of SAP S/4HANA Cloud. If the standard best practises and functional scope does not meet all of the customers need, S/4HANA Cloud, STE could be an ideal substitute solution in the customer’s journey to move to cloud.
Features of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Single Tenant Edition :
- Configurable and customisable process up to a certain extent for Finance, HR, Procurement, Sales and many other LoBs.
- S/4HANA STE Supports all the industries, even the ones which are not supported by S/4HANA Cloud.
- 2 upgrades in 3 years contract period, which is completely up to the customer to choose the upgrade window (subjected to change in 2019 offering) in contrast to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud where upgrades are rolled out every quarter.
- Not only SAP managed SAP HEC, but customers can choose to run their systems on AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure thus giving them the options to choose from 100+ Data Centres across globe.
- Concept of Flexible License System.
- Dedicated System Landscape on Cloud Infrastructure.
- Integration with Public Cloud Systems and On-Premise System are fully supported.
- Enterprise support included with one license package without having to worry about managed services or landscape definition including the global AMS services being provided proactively.