CONVERSION TO SAP S/4HANA: TAKING A BROWNFIELD APPROACH
THE BROWNFIELD APPROACH
Enables you to migrate to S/4HANA by building on your existing SAP environment without re-implementation or disruption to your existing business processes.
At the same time, it enables revaluation of customization and existing process flows.
A brownfield migration delivers the most predictable budgets and timelines, since your business processes remain largely the same. It may include some additional functionality and upgrades, but its main benefit is a fast implementation that minimizes the disruption to your daily operations.
Evaluation Criteria for S/4HANA Implementation approach – Greenfield or Brownfield?
1. Change management to target state
2. Adopting best practice industry standard processes
3. Business process re-design
4. Overall time to value
5. Total cost
6. Availability of Resources
7. Day to day business operations and disruption
8. Technical simplification
9. Implementation risk and approach complexity
10. Impact to Revenue