Cloud Extended Edition (EX):
(formerly known as Single Tenant Edition)
SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extended Edition (EX) is a cloud version offered by SAP that has more flexibility and offers more client control than the Essential edition. Extended Edition has standardized infrastructure and processes, services, and SLAs.
- Infrastructure: this version allows multiple hosting options to the customer though dedicated space is the common factor. Customer can host this on HEC or on cloud platform offered by Hyperscaler e.g. Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
- License: SAAS model
- Upgrades: this version lands in the middle of Essential and On-premise version as far as upgrade frequency is concerned. This version comes with two per year with the flexibility (software)
- Scope: this version offers the same S/4HANA functional scope as on-premise, which is essential is the full scope. This version offers 39, languages, 25 industries and can be used by clients having operations in one or more of its 64 defined countries.
- Extensibility: While this version allows customers to extend the solution, it does not allow modifications
- Configuration: clients can rely on IMG setup for configuration though there are some limitations.
- Implementation: greenfield (new implementation) or selective data transition
- Useful Links –
- SAP Activate roadmap: SAP Activate Methodology for SAP S/4HANA Cloud EX
- SAP Best Practices: SAP Best Practices and Model Companies are available. Mutli-national corporation is available for a production system while others are currently available for sandbox only. https://rapid.sap.com/bp/BP_OP_ENTPR
- SAP Solution Manager can be used for project management.